Integral or interstitial blinds are venetian blinds sandwiched in between two panes of a double glazed unit.
Blinds are incorporated into most of our partition systems and our more bespoke Isolation units and Clean rooms and this experience has provided us with a vast knowledge into how blinds, both manual and automatic, and the software available, can help the end user.
Integral blinds offer a unique solution to light, heat and privacy control, in areas where unobtrusive blinds are needed. Whether that is in a residential, medical, educational or corporate setting, such blinds provide not only a privacy option, but prevent the slats or mechanism getting in the way of the work being carried out.
The blinds can be opened, closed, raised or lowered using electric motors built into the frame. These blinds can also be tilted to allow light to enter whilst still maintaining the privacy required, using a knob.
Benefits of integral blinds:
- As they are within units they eliminate the issues of dust – invaluable in hospital settings or businesses.
- They minimise cleaning and maintenance and are clinically safe.
- They cannot be accidentally damaged or misused.
- They help reduce noise and improve acoustics.
- They reduce solar glare.
- As well as functional they are stylish and elegant.
- They are available in aluminium with 15mm, 25mm and 35mm wide slats.
- They can be colour coordinated to your room or company logo, just pick from our Ral colour picker (see link below)
- They can be made to measure.
The software now available with blinds has even allowed Fireglass Direct to incorporate this into a weather control station situated on the roof of a building! All blinds are manufactured to British Standards.
We offer a specify, measure, manufacture, supply and fit service. Contact our team for more information.